Once A Year Is Not Enough!

    Was watching television yesterday and was surprised at the concentration of shows that were focused on the Christmas Holidays. Now, I have to admit I was writing our cards and wrapping presents, so I was watching an endless amount of cooking and decorating shows. Ask me anything; I could tell you how to cook a Turducken (!), make gingerbread ornaments and "festify" your bathroom before I even finish my morning coffee! Not to say I'll do any of these things, well, maybe the gingerbread ornaments, but the point is that the networks are saturated with ideas on how to make me and my home "better" for the Holiday Season.

    As I watched, I noticed that most of the ideas were applicable throughout the year, which made me think that maybe we should be reminded of these things more than once? Why can't I make my life "better" all year long? Wouldn't it be nice if we could have little refreshers throughout the year, say quarterly, to keep us motivated and happy, instead of cramming all of our Joy into the month of December?

    Anyway, here are some things that I learned yesterday (to be used, liberally, year-round):
    • Trends are short-lived, don't spend a lot of time and money on them. Classic, whimsical or homemade items are the ones we tend to reach for year after year.
    • Have people over for a meal. Plan a little, but don't forget about them in your quest for the perfect evening.   
    • Give up on perfection, it's never, ever going to happen!
    • If you can't (or don't) cook, order in or be creative with grocery store items.
    • Likewise, if you have a small house, or hardly any chairs, make do, don't let it stop you from having friends over.
    • A Turducken is a chicken stuffed inside a duck, that is stuffed inside a turkey then tied together and roasted.
    • Give unexpected presents to people whenever you want; their favorite candy bar or a flower that reminded you of them!
    • Have your home reflect you and your personality, not what you have seen somewhere else or imagine it should look like.
    • Try to be organized with your personal life, it's very important for your health and well-being.
    • Be kind to yourself (and your friends and family) all year long.
    Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2010/12/once-year-is-not-enough.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive