Meet Lola!

    Meet Lola
    Lola's cover
    Lola is my beautiful new Singer sewing machine I got from Santa this Christmas!
    I named her Lola because it's what I would've named a daughter if I had one ;)
    My other machine died (R.I.P.) from a fall a few months ago.
    She's the one on my blog banner.
    The machine cover I had made for it didn't fit Lola so I'm making her a new one :)
    I dyed a yard or so of natural canvas into a military green color that I love
    mixing olive green, black & a little bit of brown store bought fabric dye.
    I cut patchwork birds out of 100% wool felt and attached them by hand
    using blanket stitch and a few french knots
    with my favorite stash of vintage crewel wool I bought a few years ago
    from my dear friend Carlene's Etsy Shop.
    I might turn the old cover into a new pillow. I'm so happy to be sewing again :)
    Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2010/12/meet-lola.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive