Catching up...

    2008 was filled with traveling and shooting. I am finally getting to some of the images I shot and wanted to share an awesome experience with you all.

    Last November I was fortunate enough to be able to fly to Atlanta and take a hands-on workshop with Zack Arias. Zack hosted the workshop in his new studio just outside the city. He has a wonderful teaching style... he uses a lot of his past experiences to help demonstrate important points in business and photography. Some of the great take aways I got from him was to never go in debt for your business, to spend time with and love your children and to stay down to earth. Oh and to not photograph in front of a plain brick wall or railroad tracks...

    Recently Zack has been reviewing photographers' websites on his blog. Two friends of mine were reviewed, Dave Jackson and Jay Eads - great job gentlemen! If you are a photographer reading this... check out Zack's critique's - it might bring some insights to how you are presenting yourself. I know I have a lot of work to do on my site!

    Back to the workshop...

    I've been playing around with light for a while... obviously, I'm a photographer. But I never really understood every aspect of lighting. I guess you can say I got lucky a lot. This workshop helped me put together all of the bits and pieces I had in my brain and really put it together to make it work. Since November I've been able to use my developed skill set on numerous shoots, including Tyler's head shots, Kanoe in Hilo, Hawaii and most recently my film noir boudoir sessions. I'm looking forward to the busy wedding season to further develop these skills.

    Here are some images from the workshop...

    Here Zack is setting up lights...

    Here he is explaining his camera settings...

    My shots during the workshop...


    After the sun went down we broke into groups of 4 ... each group got a model, a light and a modifier. We all took turns setting up the lights... I set up and executed the following three photos.

    It was so much fun to experiment in such a great atmosphere... I would love to get together with any local "stobists" to play around with lighting techniques!Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2009/03/catching-up.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive