Tasty weekend creations!

    Got a case of the Mondays?  Haha!  I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed the weekend.

    This weekend Tommy and I were busy, busy, busy preparing for the Bridal Show (...more details coming soon!).  Things are a little chaotic and exhausting these days...I seriously need about 30 hours in a day.  Is that asking too much?  I keep telling myself that things will slow down NEXT WEEK, but it that never seems to pan out.  Despite my whining {yes, Tommy, I'm eating cheese with that whine :)}, I thrive on adrenaline and variety...and coffee.

    Here's a tid bit you may or may not know about me...in between my two jobs, I LOVE to cook and bake.  (I kind of think Rachael Ray and Paula Deen have the most amazing jobs on earth.)  Here's a sample of one of my recipes from this weekend:  Grilled Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches.  Please try it out and let me know what you think.  It's guaranteed to vanquish that case of the Mondays

    Grilled Bacon & Cheese Sandwich
    1 Tbsp Butter
    8 slices Sourdough Bread (thick cut, preferably)
    1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
    4 slices Monterey-Jack Cheese
    1 Granny Smith Apple - peeled, sliced fine
    8 strips Bacon - cooked

    (Makes 4 Servings)
    Heat large skillet over medium-low heat.  Spread all slices of bread with butter on one side and honey mustard on the other.  Place 4 slices of bread buttered side down in the hot pan.  Layer cheese, apples and bacon on each slice.  Top with the other bread slices (buttered side up).  Cook slowly until each side is light brown and crunchy...and the cheese is melted.

    As always, here are a few pictures of my culinary experiment.  Bon appetit!


    Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2011/02/tasty-weekend-creations.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive