She got it from her mama...


    Well, I really believe I'm an exact 50/50 blend of both my parents, but everyone that knows my mom always tells me how much I look like her (especially people that knew her at my age now). My dad always says that I got the best of both of them, and I'd like to think that is true. I'm creative and bold like my dad, but I'm also scholastic and reserved like my mom. You may wonder, how can you really be both? Well, there's a time and a place for everything. It's a quality that I think really helps me relate to a multitude of people.

    What prompted me to make this post today was because yesterday after picking something up from my dad, at his work, I ran into a gentleman that has known my parents for years. Right before I left he said, "You really look like your mom." It kind of made my day because I think my mom is gorgeous. The ironic thing about everyone thinking we look alike is that if you really break down our features, none of them are really the same, except our brown hair. Plus, I was blessed with my father's body, long torso and short legs. I even have the same back problems he has, thanks.

    With all that said, I'm glad I can remind people of my beautiful mama.
    ^My mommy and me

    ^You have to click on this to see larger, you do not want to miss those 'shorty-shorts' my mom was sporting in the top right pic! You can also see some of her travels from her youth. There she is on top of the Swiss Alps (top middle), on a safari in Africa (bottom left), and in Istanbul (bottom right).

    ^My parents dated for a month before my dad proposed, but he said he knew she was the one just after their first date. But, the great part is that they are still together after 26 years of marriage. They're in it for the long haul. I love these early pics of them, but doesn't my dad look Amish in two of those pics?

    ^Still together, and madly in love.

    Now back to mom and me. I leave you with one last pic. Most of my favorite pics with mom and me are still in the family albums and yet to be scanned into the computer, but this one isn't bad.

    My mom is a hard working, selfless, person who has devoted her life to helping others succeed. She's a high school English teacher who wants the best for all of her students, and does way more than what's expected of her. Thank you mom for all you've done for me and everyone around you. The world is a better place because of you, that I know is true. I'm happy to be compared to you any time.Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2011/03/she-got-it-from-her-mama.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive