"Get Outta Your Mind"


    When I was young my mom put me in dance lessons; the usual ballet and tap and then I did a year of jazz before quitting. I enjoyed dancing but unfortunately when I was young I was at times painfully shy and I suppose being in front of lots of people in a leotard became a bit too much and I quit. Luckily as I got older I gained confidence in myself and while at college I rediscovered my love for dancing after joining a Step Team. Now, I'm no master dancer but I have rhythm and I'm not ashamed to bust a move. There's nothing like getting in your groove and really feeling the music and just letting go, a very freeing experience. I love dancing with people that aren't afraid to embarrass themselves, because truly that's the key to it all. It's about not being afraid or worried about what others might think. I love seeing that person who has no rhythm, and they know it, but they don't care and they just get lost in the music. So, much fun.


    I'm a big fan of the show "So You Think You Can Dance" on FOX. They highlight amazing dancers from different backgrounds and styles. The contrast of seeing the ones raised taking classes and classically trained to the ones who are self taught is really great. They have some of the top choreographers created these masterpieces each week, so in an hour you'll see ballroom to b-boying and ballet to bollywood.


    I want to leave you with one of my all time favorite performances from last season. Choreographed by Tabitha & Napoleon (a.k.a. Nappytabs) and danced by Twitch (hip hop dancer) and Alex Wong (ballet/modern) to the song "Get Outta Your Mind" by Lil Jon and LMFAO. Enjoy.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLtSfYX8tJk

    Then after Alex got hurt SYTYCD had a special guest recreate the epic dance for the finale.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDqDrDPDRw&feature=relatedSource URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2011/03/outta-your-mind.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive