Every Chapter has a Song...

    Every Chapter has a song, and this is the song to my present chapter in life.


    I definitely have a soundtrack to my life. A song can play and I am suddenly transported to a certain time or place in my life or I'm reminded of an event or friend. Like Salty the Song Book and Sandy Patty are definitely my early, early years. Then there's Amy Grant (baby, baby, baby) and Carmen which were the next step in my music exploration. And yes those are all christian artists. My parents kept it clean for us. My first secular song that I can remember listening to and knowing it was different was "Don't go Chasing Waterfalls" by TLC. I was over at my cousin's house playing downstairs in her bedroom and she played this song. We dressed up and pretended to be TLC without a third member. "Get Low" by Lil John and the East Side Boyz ("From the windows to the walls..." that song), I hear that and I'm suddenly at my first dance in the seventh grade and all it's uncomfortability. "Cotton Eyed Joe" - Cheerleading competition at MU. Colbie Caillat's debut album (actually it was a burned CD from a friend before her album had even been released) - Spring Semester, Freshman year of College working in the 3D lab on my oversized fishing lure project late into the evening. Grits - Hanging out at best friends' neighborhood pool during one of our last summers of true freedom before driver's licenses and jobs, laying out and sharing headphones listening to her Grits album. Natasha Bedingfield "These Words" - one of Kinsey's (my best friend) and my songs, blasted in the car going everywhere, her first entry in our book we passed between us was a drawing of a boom box like the one in the music video, this was our "Anthem" song, still kind of is.

    Some of the songs/artists that would have to my included in my life's soundtrack: Amy Grant, Carmen, Grits, Relient K, Switchfoot, TLC, Beyonce, Missy Elliot, Black Eyed Peas, Jeremy Camp, Natasha Bedingfield, Colbie Caillat, Michael Buble, Hillsong, C+C Music Factory, Vanilla Ice, Matt Wertz, and on and on, you know I'm forgetting a bunch. And yes, I know what a crazy mix all those songs would be together, but it's that the way life is, a crazy mix?

    So, I could go on and on with different songs and I'm sure as soon as I click "Post" I'm going to kick myself for forgetting to include something 'super' important, but this will have to do and I'm sure you get my point.

    Right now my song is "I Smile" by Kirk Franklin. It is just so perfect for where I'm at right now. Life is rough and I could focus on all the things that aren't going the way I'd like them too, but instead, I smile. "I know God is working, so I smile"


    MusicPlaylistView Profile
    Create a playlist at MixPod.comSource URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2011/05/every-chapter-has-song.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive