Thoughtful Thursday and RAOKs

    If you're anything like me, you probably have a daily routine... coffee, work, lunch, work, workout *wishful*, dinner, work, sleep.  And repeat.  Much of my day falls into 2 Categories:

    1.  Things that I HAVE to do.
    2.  Things that I NEED to do.

    The daily drudge can be exhausting and does little to fill your "spiritual tank." Tommy and I have talked about this so many times and we feel like it's time to stop talking and start acting.  In this new year, we are going to make a conscious effort to spend at least a little time each week GIVING BACK.  Our goal is to break through the "ME-centric" routine every now and then and do something to give back to our community, clients, church...really anyone who could really use a little help. We will call it our... Random Acts Of Kindness (RAOKs).

    Every now and then we will blog about our RAOKs or other inspirational stories from our friends.  My hope is that by sharing some of our stories, we will inspire ourselves and our friends to continue "paying it forward."  Please drop me a line anytime you have a ROAK story to share.

    Check out this sampling of a wedding we shot a couple of weeks ago for two of the sweetest, most deserving people I've ever met.  Both have joined the Army and volunteered to risk their lives to protect our freedoms.  Words can't express my admiration and appreciation for their sacrifices.  It was an honor to help them out on our own little way.

    On that note, happy RAOKing and happy Thursday!!!

    Smiles,

    Erika




    Source URL: http://lifestyleartsblogs.blogspot.com/2011/01/thoughtful-thursday-and-raoks.html
    Visit Lifestyle Arts for daily updated images of art collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive